Sunday, February 7, 2010

Leftovers Smeftovers!

Phase II | Day Fourteen
Weight Loss: 24.4 lbs

As anyone on this VLCDiet will tell you, when weighing out your protein it is sometimes hard to get it exact and in a one whole piece. We have solved this challenge with the chicken breasts by weighing each chicken breast, putting it into an individual plastic bag and then taking a Sharpie to write the exact raw weight. When it comes to steak there just always seems to be a small piece left over.

Fillet being as expensive as it is there is no way I am going to toss that little bit out! So instead I weigh the remaining pieces, slice them up into bite-sized portions and then toss them on the grill along with the fillets for the night. Then for lunch the next day I add it to my spinach, toss on some lemon pepper and squeeze one half of a lemon and make myself a delicious spinach and steak salad!
I usually end up with about 2-3 oz of beef which is too small for a fillet, but perfect for adding to salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment