Monday, February 15, 2010

Waist-Slimming Turkey Burger Sliders

Phase II | Day Twenty-two
Weight Loss: 28.8 lbs

Today is a GREAT day! It is almost time to buy a new belt - I am on the last hole! The progress I am making is so exciting!

For tonight's dinner I decided to make Turkey Sliders. I weighed 5 ounces of 99% lean ground turkey meat per person  and set that aside. Then I took two garlic flavored Melba Toasts (per person) and crushed them into crumbs.
Next step, I added the crumbs to some spices - onion powder, cracked black pepper, sea salt and celery salt.
Then I added ¼ teaspoon of egg whites.
I separated the turkey meat into four small patties and tossed them on the grill. To keep them nice and moist, I use this silicone baster filled with chicken stock (home made).
Serve it up on a bed of Romaine Lettuce with a dollop of mustard and a side of lovely strawberries and it is a healthy alternative to the usual high fat meal. 
I have never been so excited to buy a new belt!!! 

1 comment: