Friday, February 19, 2010

Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus

Phase II  |  Day Twenty-six
Weight Loss: 31.4 lbs

Although Cocktail Shrimp is one of favorite things in the world, instead of tackling making my own cocktail sauce, I thought I would take shrimp in a new direction.

I weighed out four ounces of shrimp, removed their shells and tossed them with paprika, chili powder and italian seasoning.
Next I took two cloves of minced garlic and browned it in a skillet with four table spoons of our homemade chicken stock.
Toss in the shrimp, mix and then add the juice of half a lemon.

Cover and let the shrimp simmer for five minutes.  If the liquid evaporates too quickly you can add another tablespoon of chicken stock.
Steam some asparagus and you have a restaurant-worthy meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment