Friday, February 26, 2010

No-Brainer Fruit Smoothie

Phase II  |  Day Thirty-three
Weight Loss: 36.8 lbs

It appears I have caught the cold I had a few weeks ago so I am not feeling very well today.  I think we are passing it back and forth at the office.  So to combat it, I have concentrated on getting a bit more fruits and vegetables and lowered my protein slightly to compensate.

To help get some of the extra fruits down I decided to make myself a strawberry smoothie.  I start with 4 oz. of fresh strawberries.  I pulse it quickly and then add two cups of ice cubes.

Then as it is whirling away I add a bit of water to loosen up the ice and strawberries and it really starts to spin!

Next I add drops of liquid Stevia - Chocolate Stevia if you're feeling really sparky.
Viola! The No-Brainer Strawberry Smoothie!  Now if only I could convince myself there was some rum in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment