Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Spice Up Your Life!

Phase II | Day Thirty-one
Weight Loss: 34.6 lbs

They say variety is the spice of life however because of the ease of preparation I often find myself having the ground turkey tacos for lunch. While making a batch of chicken stock that complies with the HCG Plan, I thought of a nice variation and something to do with all of the left over chicken.

Instead of cubing the chicken or leaving it in full breasts to warm up (which tends to be a little dry), I decided to shred the chicken in the way we did when I was growing up making chicken enchiladas.
Then I took  6 oz. of tomato paste and four tablespoons of chicken stock and mixed it in a skillet.
As it starts to simmer you fold in the chicken
Cover and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes
Add a few dashes of salt and some tabasco sauce and serve it up in a bowl or as chicken tacos! Talk about the SPICE of life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment