Sunday, January 31, 2010

Good Nutrition is the new Comfort Food

Phase II | Day Seven
Weight Loss: 17.6 lbs.

So it appears that I have caught a bit of a cold.  It is strange, it started out as allergies, then a little congestion, then today it is pretty evident I have a cold.  I am going to continue on with the shots and the diet as planned and see how it goes over the next couple of days.

I am basically treating this like any other cold - minus the Nyquil (which is loaded with sugar).  Tonight my beloved made me some homemade chicken and celery soup.  The broth did wonders for my congestion and now I'm coughing a bit but I know that just means it is clearing up.

Most people will agree on most comfort foods - mashed potatoes, meatloaf, green beans, etc.  What I am realizing is that comfort does not have to mean fattening.  Comfort should mean nutrition-filled.  The chicken soup I had tonight was probably the best I've ever had and it wasn't full of sodium or preservatives.

Now that's comfort food I can get used to!

No comments:

Post a Comment